Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) course
Master the skills and knowledge you need to pass the CFE exam by attending this ACFE accredited 5-day Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) course. IMF Academy is an ACFE authorised training organisation and the exclusive provider of CFE (exam) courses in the Benelux.
About the Certified Fraud Examiner
The ACFE is the world’s largest anti-fraud organisation and premier provider of anti-fraud trainings and education. Together with more than 85.000 members in 160 countries and chapters in 125 countries, the ACFE is reducing business fraud worldwide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) have a unique set of skills that is not found in any other career field or discipline. They combine knowledge of complex financial transactions with an understanding of methods, law, and how to resolve allegations of fraud. Fraud examiners are also trained to understand not only how fraud occurs, but also why.
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is recognised in the hiring and promotion policies of numerous leading organisations all over the world. According to the 2015/2016 Compensation Guide for Anti-Fraud Professionals, CFEs earn 23 percent more than their non-certified colleagues!
Become a Certified Fraud Examiner now
Master the skills and knowledge you need to pass the CFE exam by attending this official Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) course and become a CFE now! This instructor-led course will help you master the concepts tested at the CFE exam, such as:
- Investigation fraud;
- Legal aspects related to fraud;
- Financial transactions and fraud schemes; and
- Fraud prevention and deterrence
The CFE Course – benefits of attending
International Management Forum (IMF) is the exclusive provider of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) courses in the Benelux. Participate in this intensive CFE course and:
- Prepare yourself for the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exam
- Receive guidance from experienced ACFE authorised instructors
- Participate in open discussions on a variety of topics in fraud prevention
- Meet others preparing for the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exam
Are you interested in taking your career to the next level by earning the standard of professional excellence in the anti-fraud profession? Are you an (internal) auditor, CPA, investigator, national state and law enforcement officer, prosecutor, security professional, risk and loss management professional, lawyer, accountant, controller, compliance and fraud officer or any other professional dealing with fraud? Then this is your chance to follow a qualified training and become certified as a Fraud Examiner (CFE) within 5 days.
About the CFE exam
Before earning the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential, you are required to pass the CFE exam. The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exam tests your knowledge of the four major areas that comprise the fraud examination Body of Knowledge.
- The CFE exam is a computer-based, multiple-choice, closed book and closed-notes exam consisting of 4 exam sections
- The exam contains 400 questions in total
- Each exam section has 100 multiple choice and true/false questions
- Each exam section will take 2 hours of your time
- You must score at least 75% correct on each exam section in order to pass
- The exam has a number of controls to ensure integrity
- The exam can be taken during the training or at a time and place convenient to you
CFE – eligibility to become certified
Your eligibility to become CFE certified is based upon a point system, which awards credits for education and experience. The admission requirements are:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience, such as accountancy, auditing, criminology, investigation, loss prevention, law enforcement or legal experience related to fraud.
If you do not yet qualify to earn the CFE title, you can already take the training and exam and become officially certified once you have gained sufficiënt relevant professional experience.
How can you maintain your CFE credential?
To maintain your CFE credential, you are required to earn at least 20 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours every 12-month period. At least 10 hours must directly relate to the detection and deterrence of fraud and 2 hours to ethics. If you have earned more than 20 CPE hours in your previous reporting period, you may rollover up to 10 hours to meet your current CPE requirements. In addition to completing the annual CPE requirements, you must pay an annual membership fee in order to remain a member of the ACFE and retain the CFE credential. If your membership expires, you are not allowed to use the CFE credential anymore.
Knowledge and tools necessary to pass the CFE exam
When attending this 5-day official Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training you will receive the following:
- 1-year Associate ACFE membership. As an associate member of ACFE you gain access to timely and practical information including Fraud Magazine, monthly member newsletters, free quarterly webinars, videos, tools and resources to support your anti-fraud efforts
- CFE exam preparation course software (international edition) with study questions and practice exams. Review of important concepts, covered at the CFE exam, with more than 1,400 study questions and simulation of the CFE exam environment with timed practice exams
- Fraud Examiners Manual (international edition). The Fraud Examiners Manual is an over 2,000 page guide exploring examination techniques and procedures. The Fraud Examiners Manual gives you a detailed explanation of the answer to each study question
- Exclusive training material prepared by the trainers, tailored to the exam
- The CFE exam consisting of 4 exam sections plus 1 free resit of an exam section at your choice
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) course consists of 5 days from 9.00 hrs – 18.00 hrs. The course will take place on the following dates and locations:
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Amsterdam
- 4 – 8 April 2022
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Amsterdam
- 26 – 30 September 2022
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Brussels
- 12 – 16 December 2022
Fee & registration
The fee for the 5-day Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) course is € 4,280 (VAT excl.). The fee includes free associate membership of the ACFE for one year, full documentation, the ACFE exam, all lunches and coffee/tea.
Level of the course & number of participants
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) course will be held on a bachelor level. The number of course participants is limited. With regards to the mode of study, there are two options for taking this course. Option one is a 5-day public course and option two is an in house course.
If you would like to either register or receive the brochure for the Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) course, you may do so via the following link: https://www.imfacademy.com/partner/riskcompliance/certified-fraud-examiner.php
Time:09.00 hrs - 17.00 hrs
Location:Amsterdam & Brussels
Includes questions about interviewing, taking statements, obtaining information from public records, tracing illicit transactions, evaluating deception and report writing.
Ensures your familiarity with the many legal ramifications of conducting fraud examinations, including criminal and civil law, rules of evidence, rights of the accused and accuser, and expert witness matters.
This part of the exam tests your comprehension of the types of fraudulent financial transactions incurred in accounting records. To pass the section Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes, you will be required to demonstrate knowledge of the following concepts:
- basic accounting and auditing theory
- fraud schemes
- identity theft
- internal controls to deter fraud
- other auditing and accounting matters
Tests your understanding of why people commit fraud and ways to prevent it. Topics covered in this section include:
- crime causation
- white-collar crime
- occupational fraud
- fraud prevention
- identity theft
- fraud risk assessment
- ACFE code of professional ethics
Robert Lamers is directeur van Rolam consultancy. Robert is als senior corporate anti-fraud officer en senior security officer jarenlang werkzaam geweest bij ING Group en NN Group.
Sonny Luypaert is directeur bij Triple-S Consulting, een onderzoeks- en adviesbureau op het gebied van governance en risk & compliance met een specialisatie in fraude en integriteit. Sonny is voorzitter van de Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) Belgium. Daarvoor was zij o.m. werkzaam bij The Boston Consulting Group Belgium en Accenture Benelux.